Best place for driver source code???

Jun 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Ok, I am on a hunt to learn! I would like to write drivers like Kudzu does and the other Cosmos members. But I really need to a good place where I can look at for example: "FAT32" or "EXT" or drivers for bluetooth and all kinds of stuff, so I can port them to C# and make them work in Cosmos, to help advance the community. I would also like some tips on rewriting the drivers for Cosmos, and I definitely need a place where I can find code to these kind of drivers. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jun 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Look for docs, not source to steal. Check osdev.org

On Jun 20, 2012 9:13 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok, I am on a hunt to learn! I would like to write drivers like Kudzu does and the other Cosmos members. But I really need to a good place where I can look at for example: "FAT32" or "EXT" or drivers for bluetooth and all kinds of stuff, so I can port them to C# and make them work in Cosmos, to help advance the community. I would also like some tips on rewriting the drivers for Cosmos, and I definitely need a place where I can find code to these kind of drivers. Thanks - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM
joshbeitler wrote:

Ok, I am on a hunt to learn! I would like to write drivers like Kudzu does and the other Cosmos members. But I really need to a good place where I can look at for example: "FAT32" or "EXT" or drivers for bluetooth and all kinds of stuff, so I can port them to C# and make them work in Cosmos, to help advance the community. I would also like some tips on rewriting the drivers for Cosmos, and I definitely need a place where I can find code to these kind of drivers. Thanks - Matt

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

No I wouldn't want to steal source, but if its open source cant you rewrite it to C#? Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jun 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Depend on the license.

On Jun 20, 2012 9:28 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

No I wouldn't want to steal source, but if its open source cant you rewrite it to C#? Thanks - Matt

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Best way to help cosmos advance, is joining the mailinglist and ask for tasks: there are some tasks to get started with, before jumping into driver development...

Op 20 jun. 2012 23:30 schreef "joshbeitler" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

Depend on the license.

On Jun 20, 2012 9:28 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote: