This project is read-only.

Put files on VMWare disk

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I know when you debug and test FAT there are a couple text files , were are they stored and can I add other files to it?

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:37 AM

On the root directory of the ISO. Use a tool like Magic ISO to insert the files.

On Jun 22, 2012 2:34 AM, "GruntXProductions" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I know when you debug and test FAT there are a couple text files , were are they stored and can I add other files to it?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:42 AM
joshbeitler wrote:

On the root directory of the ISO. Use a tool like Magic ISO to insert the files.

On Jun 22, 2012 2:34 AM, "GruntXProductions" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

No. Not there. They are stored in the vmware disk file, which I think you can mount with some 32-bit only tool.

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM
VMware workstation can mount vmdk files into windows, i'm not sure about vmware player..

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM, CMan332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

No. Not there. They are stored in the vmware disk file, which I think you can mount with some 32-bit only tool.

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:47 AM

VMWare Player can't, but VMWare Diskmount (I think) can do that. https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=Disk%20Mount%20Utility%205.5%20Driver%20Tools&productId=46. It's 32-bit only though, no 64-bit

Jun 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I just wrote a tutorial on how to do this, and it works well. I just edited the Virtual Disk Myself, also Cosmos devs I encourage you to read the top part as I explain a bug that is causing some problems. Hope it helps - Matt

Link: http://cosmos.codeplex.com/discussions/360663

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:44 PM

VMware player can map the disk used by COSMOS to a drive letter, make sure the machine is turned off, then click "Edit this virtual machine" -> "Hard Disk" -> "Utilities" and select "Map"

If you want to write to the virtual disk, make sure to uncheck the box that says read-only

Hope this helps