This project is read-only.

USB

Topics: Compiler, Developing Cosmos (Working on Cosmos source code directly), Installation, Off Topic, Other, Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Jul 6, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Is there is any one knows how to deal with USB devices, like reading it from the OS and view it's content..........................

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM
On 7/6/2012 9:19 AM, ahmed01000410657 wrote:
> From: ahmed01000410657
>
> Is there is any one knows how to deal with USB devices, like reading it
> from the OS and view it's content..........................

We dont have USB support yet. You would need to write a USB driver first.
Jul 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

It shouldn't be too hard writing a driver (famous last words perhaps), there are only 3 versions of USB, of which only 2 are almost fully supported.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM
USB is not easy at all..


On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM, LukeTerry <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LukeTerry

It shouldn't be too hard writing a driver (famous last words perhaps), there are only 3 versions of USB, of which only 2 are almost fully supported.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
We don't even have processes, let alone the framework to support USB

On 12 July 2012 19:54, mterwoord <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: mterwoord

USB is not easy at all..



On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM, LukeTerry <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LukeTerry

It shouldn't be too hard writing a driver (famous last words perhaps), there are only 3 versions of USB, of which only 2 are almost fully supported.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

USB is indeed fairly easy as it is only a protocol.

But it is even harder to to code an UHCI ( 1.0 ) OHCI ( 1.1 ) EHCI ( 2.0 ) and XHCI ( 3.0 ) driver
for the chipsets to control the usb protocol.

I am currently working on EHCI but did not came up with functional code yet.

 

Edit: VMWare has support for all in the latest version. So it is doable.