Back to Console

Topics: Developing Cosmos (Working on Cosmos source code directly), Off Topic, Other
Jul 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Hi,

I've a question....

I've managed to draw a circle and a line and other stuff the thing I want to do is back to the line command environment I mean after using the VGA screen how to get back to console???

Any ideas.....?

Thanks...

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

TextScreen

On Jul 9, 2012 5:25 PM, "ahmed01000410657" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I've a question....

I've managed to draw a circle and a line and other stuff the thing I want to do is back to the line command environment I mean after using the VGA screen how to get back to console???

Any ideas.....?

Thanks...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Still don't know what to do??

What is the meaning of "TextScreen"???

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Look around cosmos.hardware and cosmos.hardware.vgascreen for something called textscreen

On Jul 9, 2012 5:43 PM, "ahmed01000410657" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Still don't know what to do??

What is the meaning of "TextScreen"???

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Yes, Ive tried to use the "TextScreen.Clear();" function but it didn't work....

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Its Textscreen.SetMode I believe or maybe its VGA.SetTextMode. I forget. Check those two. Thanks - Matt

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM
VGA's text mode needs something else then, and is not really "returning" to console mode...

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Its Textscreen.SetMode I believe or maybe its VGA.SetTextMode. I forget. Check those two. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jul 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Enter VGA text mode

VGAScreen.SetTextMode()

I would use 80x25 as the size

Developer
Jul 11, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Edited Jul 11, 2012 at 2:23 AM

80x25 is the default size that you started with, so yeah, use that.

On 10 July 2012 21:42, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Enter VGA text mode

VGAScreen.SetTextMode()

I would use 80x25 as the size

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:12 AM

It's not working any other ideas, help any one can do it??????

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:26 AM
Here's a theory try.
Something like;

Textscreen = new vgascreen.textscreen

Kind of like how you set VGA screen up experiment with that tell me if that works

Jacksen Kline
Super Byte
Sent from my IPhone

On 12/07/2012, at 1:12 PM, "ahmed01000410657" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

It's not working any other ideas, help any one can do it??????

Developer
Jul 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Make new vgascreen, set mode 320x200, set your pallet, clear the screen to your BG color, and do vgascreen.settextmode

Oct 30, 2013 at 4:35 PM
How come the font is different in Console mode and in TextScreen mode? Is there a way to make TextScreen font the same as in console mode?
Oct 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Maybe change the font size? Also, I don't see a point in using both console and textscreen. Maybe just use textscreen?

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM
DelfinoIsland wrote:
Maybe change the font size? Also, I don't see a point in using both console and textscreen. Maybe just use textscreen?
Textscreen and Console do the exact thing, however upon entering VGA mode, the default font from BIOS gets overwritten, so you can either copy the existing font or write a new one to video RAM