Windows in Cosmos GUI

Topics: Other
Aug 2, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Hello People. I'm currently working on my cosmos OS called system 1. It's a look-a-like for the old Apple system 1 first installed on the old Macintosh 128k. It's all black and white, but still looks elegant. I have written a lot of graphical methods like drawing lines, rectangles, gradiants, circles and a working font system, so all I need (right now) is the ability to make windows... And therefore I ask you if you have any experience with writing GUIs with windows. Whats the best and fastests one? Also I properly need to add a double buffer for the screen since the black-white background takes a lot of time to refresh... So if you anything about windows or double buffering; I would be happy to know:-) Thank you! -Anders
Developer
Aug 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Try checking out the Pear OS code.

On Aug 2, 2012 7:21 AM, "ande765a" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello People. I'm currently working on my cosmos OS called system 1. It's a look-a-like for the old Apple system 1 first installed on the old Macintosh 128k. It's all black and white, but still looks elegant. I have written a lot of graphical methods like drawing lines, rectangles, gradiants, circles and a working font system, so all I need (right now) is the ability to make windows... And therefore I ask you if you have any experience with writing GUIs with windows. Whats the best and fastests one? Also I properly need to add a double buffer for the screen since the black-white background takes a lot of time to refresh... So if you anything about windows or double buffering; I would be happy to know:-) Thank you! -Anders

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com