Proper way to uninstall

Topics: Installation, Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Aug 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Hello, I have been having problems trying to uninstall Cosmos so that I can upgrade to the latest (or at least a newer) release.  If it helps, I am currently using the 89628 release.

Whenever I try to uninstall, it hangs and does nothing.  How can I remove Cosmos completely (VS extensions, files, and all) so that I can properly upgrade?

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM
On 8/9/2012 11:10 AM, awesomedoode wrote:
> Hello, I have been having problems trying to uninstall Cosmos so that I
> can upgrade to the latest (or at least a newer) release. If it helps, I
> am currently using the 89628 release.
>
> Whenever I try to uninstall, it hangs and does nothing. How can I
> remove Cosmos completely (VS extensions, files, and all) so that I can
> properly upgrade?

What OS are you on?

The newer dev kits do a general cleaning during install.
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM
But still, hanging uninstall doesn't sound good.

Can you tell us on what step it hangs? at the end, VS is called (background) to do some cleanup tasks, which might take a while to run (see taskmanager for a devenv.exe taking up cpu)


On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 5:43 PM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: kudzu

On 8/9/2012 11:10 AM, awesomedoode wrote:
> Hello, I have been having problems trying to uninstall Cosmos so that I
> can upgrade to the latest (or at least a newer) release. If it helps, I
> am currently using the 89628 release.
>
> Whenever I try to uninstall, it hangs and does nothing. How can I
> remove Cosmos completely (VS extensions, files, and all) so that I can
> properly upgrade?

What OS are you on?

The newer dev kits do a general cleaning during install.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Developer
Aug 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I would say just leave the installer running for a while.I had the same issue and I resolved it by letting the installer run for about an hour

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM
On 8/9/2012 6:58 PM, Cman332 wrote:
> I would say just leave the installer running for a while.I had the same
> issue and I resolved it by letting the installer run for about an hour

What anti virus do you have? Is the HD still being used during this stall?
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Also, have a look at the taskmanager like i said. depending on the number (and kind) of vs addins and templates installed, the last step (end of progressbar) can take very long..


On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: kudzu

On 8/9/2012 6:58 PM, Cman332 wrote:
> I would say just leave the installer running for a while.I had the same
> issue and I resolved it by letting the installer run for about an hour

What anti virus do you have? Is the HD still being used during this stall?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com