This project is read-only.

Random CPU exceptions (0x5 and 0xD)

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Aug 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Hello , their is a random chance every time I log into my OS that it will either throw one of these exceptions. I know what both of them are, but would like to know what is causing them because it is really getting annoying. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 8:10 AM
What version are you using?

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM, GruntXProductions <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello , their is a random chance every time I log into my OS that it will either throw one of these exceptions. I know what both of them are, but would like to know what is causing them because it is really getting annoying.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM
mterwoord wrote:

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM, GruntXProductions <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello , their is a random chance every time I log into my OS that it will either throw one of these exceptions. I know what both of them are, but would like to know what is causing them because it is really getting annoying.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Well I am using the latest version but I found it has to do with using VMWare virtual disks in virtual box. Oh and a question, what exactly is preventing cosmos oses from detecting new virtual harddisks. I can only use the one in %appdata%\Cosmos User Kit\Build\VMWare\Workstation but if I create another one I can not use it. I think it has to do with no partitions existing on the disk but I am not completely sure.

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:47 PM

In addition though Grunt there are CPU Exceptions on real hardware.

On Aug 17, 2012 4:45 PM, "GruntXProductions" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

Well I am using the latest version but I found it has to do with using VMWare virtual disks in virtual box. Oh and a question, what exactly is preventing cosmos oses from detecting new virtual harddisks. I can only use the one in %appdata%\Cosmos User Kit\Build\VMWare\Workstation but if I create another one I can not use it. I think it has to do with no partitions existing on the disk but I am not completely sure.

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM
DelfinoIsland wrote:

On Aug 17, 2012 4:45 PM, "GruntXProductions" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

Well I am using the latest version but I found it has to do with using VMWare virtual disks in virtual box. Oh and a question, what exactly is preventing cosmos oses from detecting new virtual harddisks. I can only use the one in %appdata%\Cosmos User Kit\Build\VMWare\Workstation but if I create another one I can not use it. I think it has to do with no partitions existing on the disk but I am not completely sure.

I think that might have to do with the limited amount of RAM you had.

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

True I only had 128 mbs lol

On Aug 17, 2012 6:35 PM, "GruntXProductions" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

DelfinoIsland wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

I think that might have to do with the limited amount of RAM you had.