This project is read-only.

File Read/Write System

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Aug 26, 2012 at 4:33 AM

Hello, I am the Co-Founder of the GenzOS Project. We are currently at the point to where we would like the ability to Read and Write Files to and from a HDD. We found this hard to do with C# Alone. We had a .DLL a while ago that almost worked, but sadly our project was halted for a short time and we lost everything. If there is anyone that has an idea of how to Read or Write Files, that would be great!

Aug 26, 2012 at 4:38 AM
yumadhd wrote:

Hello, I am the Co-Founder of the GenzOS Project. We are currently at the point to where we would like the ability to Read and Write Files to and from a HDD. We found this hard to do with C# Alone. We had a .DLL a while ago that almost worked, but sadly our project was halted for a short time and we lost everything. If there is anyone that has an idea of how to Read or Write Files, that would be great!

You can implement your own filesystem. Currently Cosmos does not support any type of FileSystem. How ever that does not mean you can make your own. Search through all of the Block Devices and find any partitions. Then use blockDevice.WriteBlock / ReadBlock to write data. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 4:55 PM
On 8/26/2012 11:40 AM, yumadhd wrote:
> Hello, I am the Co-Founder of the GenzOS Project. We are currently at
> the point to where we would like the ability to Read and Write Files to
> and from a HDD. We found this hard to do with C# Alone. We had a .DLL a
> while ago that almost worked, but sadly our project was halted for a
> short time and we lost everything. If there is anyone that has an idea
> of how to Read or Write Files, that would be great!

There is a FAT implementation in my user area, but its currently stopped
on some compiler bugs Im working on fixing.
Aug 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM
GruntXProductions wrote:
yumadhd wrote:

You can implement your own filesystem. Currently Cosmos does not support any type of FileSystem. How ever that does not mean you can make your own. Search through all of the Block Devices and find any partitions. Then use blockDevice.WriteBlock / ReadBlock to write data. 

The BlockDevice class is abstract, so it's not very effective unless you extend it.