This project is read-only.

How to properly compile X#?

Topics: Compiler, X#
Aug 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Hello, this is probably a stupid question and I am sorry to bother you all but how do you compile X#? I know how to write plugs to call X# but I can't seem to figure out how to compile X# code its self. While searching I came across XSC.exe which appears to be some sort of command line tool  but I can not figure out what arguments I should pass to it. So anyways my question is how can I actually compile X# code.

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Found it: have you had a look at the Cosmos sources themselves? Have a look at the debugstub sources..

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM, GruntXProductions <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello, this is probably a stupid question and I am sorry to bother you all but how do you compile X#? I know how to write plugs to call X# but I can't seem to figure out how to compile X# code its self. While searching I came across XSC.exe which appears to be some sort of command line tool but I can not figure out what arguments I should pass to it. So anyways my question is how can I actually compile X# code.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM
mterwoord wrote:
Found it: have you had a look at the Cosmos sources themselves? Have a look at the debugstub sources..

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM, GruntXProductions <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello, this is probably a stupid question and I am sorry to bother you all but how do you compile X#? I know how to write plugs to call X# but I can't seem to figure out how to compile X# code its self. While searching I came across XSC.exe which appears to be some sort of command line tool but I can not figure out what arguments I should pass to it. So anyways my question is how can I actually compile X# code.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Yes I looked at that and compiled it. I wrote gibberish in the code to see if was actually compiling and it still was compiling with no errors. Does the X# compiler ignore errors???

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:45 PM
it uses literals initially. once you use the code in a kernel, nasm i executed..

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 6:16 PM, GruntXProductions <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

Yes I looked at that and compiled it. I wrote gibberish in the code to see if was actually compiling and it still was compiling with no errors. Does the X# compiler ignore errors???

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:31 PM
mterwoord wrote:
it uses literals initially. once you use the code in a kernel, nasm i executed..

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 6:16 PM, GruntXProductions <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

Yes I looked at that and compiled it. I wrote gibberish in the code to see if was actually compiling and it still was compiling with no errors. Does the X# compiler ignore errors???

Wait so all I need to do is add a .xs file to my kernel and then call by label to use it?

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Think so...

Op 28 aug. 2012 20:31 schreef "GruntXProductions" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

mterwoord wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

Wait so all I need to do is add a .xs file to my kernel and then call by label to use it?