This project is read-only.

Run two voids at the same time?

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Sep 20, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Is there some way via IRQ or some other way, to run two voids at the same time? Or is that not possible yet? Thanks - Matt

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Not possible yet (besides interrupt handling).


On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:10 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: civilwarrock

Is there some way via IRQ or some other way, to run two voids at the same time? Or is that not possible yet? Thanks - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Sep 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM
mterwoord wrote:
Not possible yet (besides interrupt handling).


On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:10 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: civilwarrock

Is there some way via IRQ or some other way, to run two voids at the same time? Or is that not possible yet? Thanks - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Interrupt handling? What is it, and how would I do it? Thanks, Matt

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM
civilwarrock wrote:
mterwoord wrote:
Not possible yet (besides interrupt handling).


On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:10 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: civilwarrock

Is there some way via IRQ or some other way, to run two voids at the same time? Or is that not possible yet? Thanks - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Interrupt handling? What is it, and how would I do it? Thanks, Matt

An interrupt is basically like a delegate that gets called by the CPU. When you press a key interrupt 21h in called in cosmos. Interrupts call also be called in assembly use the int instruction. Forexample my OS provides a pretty decent API that other programs can use by calling interrupt 0xFF. And yes it is completely possible with COSMOS and has been done before (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQZi3UPKiKU ) just not by convention means.