Perfomance of Cosmos

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Oct 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Hi,

first of all: great Project!

i´m developing for years in c# and now i saw your project.

When i understand it correct, the c# code will compiled to assembler code. So there is no Linux or other line between my c# code and the Hardware. Of course i read that only for booting Cosmos use Linux.

So my question is: How fast is Cosmos?

Is it possible to use it in very long mathematic / physics / chemiestry calculations?

Kind regards and many luck for the project

Developer
Oct 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Very.

On Oct 12, 2012 4:57 PM, "kaishakunin" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

first of all: great Project!

i´m developing for years in c# and now i saw your project.

When i understand it correct, the c# code will compiled to assembler code. So there is no Linux or other line between my c# code and the Hardware. Of course i read that only for booting Cosmos use Linux.

So my question is: How fast is Cosmos?

Is it possible to use it in very long mathematic / physics / chemiestry calculations?

Kind regards and many luck for the project

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Oct 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM

If you only have it doing that calculation and outputting it to the console, it will be very fast

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM
We dont use Linux for booting. we use syslinux, but that has nothign to do with the linux kernel..
syslinux is a bootloader, so after it has done its job, it's only cosmos that's involved..

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Cman332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

If you only have it doing that calculation and outputting it to the console, it will be very fast

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Thank you!

Is there a timeline when there are access to harddrive and network functions?

How can in recognize what classes and methods are implemented and what not of the c# framework?

kind regards