This project is read-only.

How do you install your OS on a Computer

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Jan 27, 2013 at 5:38 AM

How do I install my OS on a hard drive or computer?

Jan 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM
On 1/27/2013 1:38 AM, lolface123 wrote:
> From: lolface123
>
> How do I install my OS on a hard drive or computer?

You can take one of the images and clone it.
Feb 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM
First you'll need to write a Filesystem.
You can also use an existing one (GLNFS or NoobFS, but then you'll need to credit the creators)
Feb 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
kudzu wrote:
On 1/27/2013 1:38 AM, lolface123 wrote: > From: lolface123 > > How do I install my OS on a hard drive or computer? You can take one of the images and clone it.
Tried to copy files of my os' iso to my hard drive, can you/anybody teach me what boot order I need for my OS to boot through USB?
Feb 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Optical above HDD.

On Feb 15, 2013 5:35 PM, "lolface123" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

kudzu wrote:
On 1/27/2013 1:38 AM, lolface123 wrote: > From: lolface123 > > How do I install my OS on a hard drive or computer? You can take one of the images and clone it.
Tried to copy files of my os' iso to my hard drive, can you/anybody teach me what boot order I need for my OS to boot through USB?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM
My Options are:
SATA ODD: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30N
SATA HDD: WDC WD5000BEVT-24A0RT0
(Blank option, selectable and arrangable)
Network Boot: LEGACY PCI DEVICE
I have my usb plugged, Tried moving blank option said I have to restart and no OPTICAL.
Feb 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Optical would be your DVD. You've got it right.

On Feb 15, 2013 6:07 PM, "lolface123" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

My Options are:
SATA ODD: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30N
SATA HDD: WDC WD5000BEVT-24A0RT0
(Blank option, selectable and arrangable)
Network Boot: LEGACY PCI DEVICE
I have my usb plugged, Tried moving blank option said I have to restart and no OPTICAL.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Edited Feb 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
lolface123 wrote:
How do I install my OS on a hard drive or computer?
DELETED WRONG THREAD