This project is read-only.

Can't use GLNFS.dll, getting error

Topics: Installation, Off Topic, Other, Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Apr 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I can't use the GLNFS.dll file, I get this error when I try to build when I have the file as a reference. How can I fix it? Please help me.

Error 122 An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Initialize() in d:\source\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 157
at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() in d:\source\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 194 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets 32 10 CroyeOSBoot
Apr 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Why are you asking about a user-made library on the Cosmos discussion boards? The Cosmos developers have not made this or had any part in GLNFS.
Apr 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Where should I ask then?
Apr 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Where did you get the DLL?
Apr 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I got it from EnvyOS
Apr 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Unblock it.
Apr 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Yah jpal is correct unblock the dll first...the main reason behind it is...Grunt had not signed the dll with trusted certificate that's why windows defender (or other softwares) will block it :D
Apr 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I have a better idea than unblocking it..

LEARN PROGRAMMING BEFORE MAKING A COSMOS OS
Apr 23, 2013 at 5:06 PM
+1
Apr 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Although I also think RackAnd could have done some research, I find it rude to put it like SplittyDev does.

RackAnd: If you'd done some googling, you'd seen the solution for sure...

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Well Splitty you are correct but insulting somebody on public thread is not a good idea Sorry RackAnd if you feel bad :)
Apr 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Ok.. Sorry RackAnd, I did not want to offend you.

But your asking the most useless questions here, and it looks like you're having no clue how C# or Cosmos itself works.
Please buy a book about C#, learn it, and do not just copy code from other OSes and hope that it works.

And you really should not start an Cosmos OS without any C# knowledge.
Apr 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Yes yes I understand I'm shit... I will now dissappear and never return to this part of the internet.
Apr 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Woah.
RackAnd, take a look at this ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4103683/problem-unblocking-assemblies-in-windows-7-home-premium ) for guidance on how to unblock the GLNFS assembly.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help.

As Operating System is the second hardest thing to do (programming wise), I suggest you try smaller applications before you continue with such a feat. But if you want to delve right in, feel free. We're here to help.

Cheers