Does Cosmos Console use the heap?

Topics: Developing Cosmos (Working on Cosmos source code directly), Other, Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Developer
Aug 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I was wondering if Cosmos Console uses the heap. I was running two threads in my multitasking code and using Console.Write to display their execution time. Cosmos runs out of memory and freezes. I realized that if i remove Console.Write it doesn't run out of memory anymore.
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Console does int.tostring which creates a new string object.

Op 30 aug. 2013 19:56 schreef "forest201" <[email removed]> het volgende:

I was wondering if Cosmos Console uses the heap. I was running two threads in my multitasking code and using Console.Write to display their execution time. Cosmos runs out of memory and freezes. I realized that if i remove Console.Write it doesn't run out of memory anymore.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Aug 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Oh that's why. I'll have to use Memory 0xB8000 to write directly to screen. That was a big help. Thanks.