HowTo use Linq?

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Oct 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM
If i try to include Linq project does not work. Is Linq not possible to use in a Cosmos project?

(e.g. simple Foreach(var x in bla.Where(y=>y.IsActive))
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM
IEnumerable is an interface and cosmos' support for interfaces is not yet completely working.... 2013/10/17 offler <[email removed]>:
Jan 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Hi mterwoord
I'm not in too deep in cosmos right now but i strongly believed interfaces were a language problem, thus not a problem at all for cosmos cause .NET languages would handle them.

So why interfaces have to be supported by cosmos and not just used as programming language feature?
Can your please explain me?

Thank you.
Developer
Jan 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I don't think that Cosmos supports LINQ.

--
Joshua Beitler - [email removed]

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Language features like this require IL support. Interfaces are a bit complex and we havent had a chance to implement them as they require reference counting etc.
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Chad, not really.
In IL, they're done the same as virtual methods. it basically says, call method IList.Add(object) on the object. problem is our VMT scanner. We need to detect which methods to include. Right now, the scanner doesn't (fully) implement the scanning needed for interfaces..

2014/1/13 kudzu <[email removed]>

Language features like this require IL support. Interfaces are a bit complex and we havent had a chance to implement them as they require reference counting etc.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com