Restart / Shutdown

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Dec 20, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Hello I just started using Cosmos and I have a basic console with a couple of commands. I have knowledge of Java but not so much of C#, but it is very simular. I want to know how I can shutdown or restart the computer. I am using the latest version.
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Currently there's no (real) way to shutdown or restart a pc.

At some point we will implement ACPI for making that possible, but currently we're too busy with other things.

We could use help though....

2014-12-20 23:23 GMT+01:00 legoman519 <[email removed]>:

Hello I just started using Cosmos and I have a basic console with a couple of commands. I have knowledge of Java but not so much of C#, but it is very simular. I want to know how I can shutdown or restart the computer. I am using the latest version.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2014 at 4:37 PM
I found it
Dec 23, 2014 at 4:37 PM
mterwoord wrote:
Currently there's no (real) way to shutdown or restart a pc. At some point we will implement ACPI for making that possible, but currently we're too busy with other things. We could use help though.... 2014-12-20 23:23 GMT+01:00 legoman519 <[email removed]>: From: legoman519 Hello I just started using Cosmos and I have a basic console with a couple of commands. I have knowledge of Java but not so much of C#, but it is very simular. I want to know how I can shutdown or restart the computer. I am using the latest version. Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed]) To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed] You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com. Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
http://pastebin.com/a1RnpaHz

Shutdown:

ACPI.Shutdown();
ACPI.Disable();
Cosmos.Core.Global.CPU.Halt();

Restart:

ACPI.Reboot();
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Cool. Did you implement it yourself or did you find it somewhere?
Dec 24, 2014 at 10:02 PM
mterwoord wrote:
Cool. Did you implement it yourself or did you find it somewhere?
I found it somewhere but I can't remember what website
Jan 29, 2015 at 9:52 PM
Just took a look at the code from this ACPI function and found it was just like Envy OS' ACPI function, used in same way and looks the same, I ain't part of Envy but just in case anyone wanted to know where it was from :)