Discussions under Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)

Please pick an appropriate topic for your discussion. If in doubt, pick the closest.

Switch To Real Mode Temporarily

first post: forest201 wrote: Im having a bit of a problem with " use16 ". The project doesn't c...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Why not write the entire low level real mode code in assembler or C...

Black screen on hardware boot

first post: entipck wrote: I have a strange problem: When I boot my OS from a CD on my compute...

latest post: AmonRa wrote: i'm using Turkish regional settings and i found a solution for me;...

FileStream Help!

first post: dallinac wrote: I think this is from a FileStream (well a StreamWriter), but I can'...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Not yet. On 4/16/2014 11:54 AM, ALLDESP wrote:

ACPI error

first post: dallinac wrote: I need help with using ACPI, when I use ACPI visual studio always c...

Template on Visual Studio 2013 Pro isn't there

first post: dallinac wrote: I installed cosmos following all the instructions and started to st...

latest post: dallinac wrote: I figured it out! Either the COSMOS template folder needs to be cop...

answered by: dallinac wrote: I figured it out! Either the COSMOS template folder needs to be cop...

'COSMOS' Not Available in VS2013 NewProject Window!

first post: mmkhmmkh wrote: I Recently installed COSMOS new Release (I Was Using VS2010 For Cos...

Full Multicore Support is almost here

first post: forest201 wrote: After days of Reading Intel Docs and trial and error , i finally ha...

latest post: forest201 wrote: :) no need i solved it already Now its time to switch back to Real...

vs2012

first post: arukshk14 wrote: which cosmos release should i use with visual studio 2012

Cosmos doesn't compile my OS

first post: magyarmester wrote: So, I'm using VS2013 Ultimate. I run it as administrator. I have VM...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: We use some cygwin utilities, and those sometimes have troubles wi...

answered by: mterwoord wrote: Could you place your kernel in a folder which doesn't have special...

Error while initializing Cosmos paths

first post: Stormize wrote: Hey, I've installed Cosmos as I wanted to get into OS development ...

latest post: Stormize wrote: Yes, I've tried deleting User Kit files before installing DevKit. C...

How to run cosmos project from hard disk

first post: roitheninja wrote: i have a pentium4 processor with 40gb hard disk, and a cosmos proje...

latest post: roitheninja wrote: thanks for the info. even i don't know how to program native codes ...

Native code encountered, plug required.

first post: HacKeRr wrote: Hi, When i use FileSystem.GetRoot() - I have error "Native code ...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Hmm, that means FAT uses trim which is not plugged yet. That's wei...

Error with GLNFS

first post: HacKeRr wrote: Hi, i have error with GLNFS. When i referenced GLNFS.dll to my pr...

latest post: HacKeRr wrote: I've read that GLNFS supported only cosmos 92560. Is that so?

How to uninstall devkit?

first post: andreidim wrote: Hello everyone, I installed today the devkit thinking that it was s...

latest post: andreidim wrote: The problem is that the devkit is working but I want to get rid of it.

File system in Cosmos

first post: HacKeRr wrote: Hi, How i can create any file or Get current directory in Cosmos? P...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: FAT is for harddisk reading/writing.. 2014-03-11 11:31...

I got a problem with the booting on a machine other than virtual and other than VMWare

first post: proton43 wrote: Hey guys, I got a problem: I can't run the code after compilation ...

latest post: proton43 wrote: I found my answer. Edward Nutting wrote it on another thread: 1) I...

Quick Questions!

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Hi, I have certain questions about the Kernel binary. Is the Cosmo...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: Yep, i replied back...listening back from you :)

Error Message

first post: cdantetho wrote: Is there a way for me to remove the built in error message? I have ...

latest post: EdwardNutting wrote: I programmed that error message. 1) No it can't be turned off unti...

answered by: EdwardNutting wrote: I programmed that error message. 1) No it can't be turned off unti...

Question

first post: JerrodBass wrote: Can you make it into like an architeture like ARM, i386, or AMD64?

latest post: kudzu wrote: At some point we will go x64 and dump 32 bit because we have limite...

You might wanna post another link

first post: JerrodBass wrote: The link http://www.thedevforum.com/forum-28.html isnt working. My ...

latest post: Aurora01 wrote: TheDevForum is no longer available, however if you were looking for...

This might be a common error

first post: JerrodBass wrote: I caught an error that happens on all of my computers. Here is the ...

latest post: JerrodBass wrote: Oh no wounder

Some questions i have

first post: JerrodBass wrote: Is it possible to make a partition manager? Command Line or User ...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: All of these things are possible if you have the know-how. --...

Which filesystem should i start on?

first post: JerrodBass wrote: I'm not for sure which filesystem to use? Ext2 Or FAT32.

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: FAT is much, much simpler than Ext2, as well as having support ba...

weOS needs your help

first post: JerrodBass wrote: We need more Developers, and Designers. But i must warn you weOS cu...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: I would assume that most people here are used to Cosmos...

answered by: roitheninja wrote: Hi Jerrod! i would be happy to help you, just give me 2 things: 1...

Two little questions

first post: Lupo511 wrote: Hi, I have two questions and opening a two topics didn't seem a goo...

latest post: Lupo511 wrote: Ok. Thanks a lot for your answers! EDIT: Seems like I can't find C...

answered by: VeryCrushed wrote: **AtomOS wrote:** > 1) Yes it is possible just implement that metho...

What happend to the Open COSMOS Aliance?

first post: CBOS wrote: I looked them up last year because I was thinking about joining the...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: CodePlex had email proxy issues. Once gain..

Referenced DLL Cannot Be Found

first post: VeryCrushed wrote: So when i create a cosmos project and reference a C# library projec...

latest post: VeryCrushed wrote: Thank you, this will be very helpful for sorting out my code. Cant ...

Referencing

first post: TheQult wrote: I didn't understood what appen when i reference an assembly into my...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: Well the compiler build that assembly only when you reference it in...

OS Builds But Does Not Debug

first post: VeryCrushed wrote: So i have installed VS 2013 Ultimate, VMWare Workstation And Player...

latest post: EdwardNutting wrote: Great! Well if you can work out why that'd be good. For now though ...

Cosmos Networking

first post: stevenator wrote: I'm trying to work on a project were users could communicate with e...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: If you're interested, You could join development of cosmos, please...

How to increase the dislay screen resolution

first post: roitheninja wrote: is there a way to increase the screen resolution. i use visual stud...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: If you want 1366x768 resolution write native drivers. Or drop back ...

Aurora's binary loader

first post: in3D wrote: I want to write my OS under just one license (BSD), but I also want...

latest post: in3D wrote: My project is in concept stage. Nothing can mess it up yet. I can't...

Method not found: ...

first post: kocandrlev wrote: I'm working on my os, but i have this error: Error 6 Method not fo...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: What version of cosmos are you using? Also, have you been replac...

About Use Another Language And Use Mouse And Operating system installation CD compiled

first post: xztzrjcxxzz wrote: Using COSMOS development of the operating system is very simple, bu...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Assembly is very powerful. I think this should be possible. Imple...

WriteBlock - 10 blocks

first post: LuxorCZ wrote: Hello! I am new to this forum and COSMOS in general, so I may have...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: Send it to me via email, aman.eureka@gmail.com

How to implement GUI in COSMOS

first post: roitheninja wrote: i need to write a program like notepad in cosmos can any one tell m...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Notepad? Do we even have proper disk and FS Drivers? Your best bet ...

How to read file and folders in disk using COSMOS

first post: roitheninja wrote: can any one tell me how to read files in the disk

Whenever I compile my code, I get this error

first post: tjwehler wrote: Whenever I compile, I get this error Error 6 Native code encoun...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: That error shows that you're using Thread.Sleep which is not yet i...

Drawing Pixel Error

first post: NaxAlpha wrote: Hi I am Using this Code to draw a pixel Public Class Kernel ...

Help !! Error 2

first post: Adhiraj wrote: Help !! Error 2 Error while initializing Cosmos paths | The type i...

latest post: Adhiraj wrote: I installed in the default folder set by the cosmos in the C Drive....

I get an error when using startswith("SomeStringHere");

first post: kyle7273 wrote: I am trying to detect a command using this code: if (input.StartsWi...

HowTo use Linq?

first post: offler wrote: If i try to include Linq project does not work. Is Linq not possibl...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Chad, not really. In IL, they're done the same as virtual meth...

Deciding on a kernel type

first post: in3D wrote: I know I want my kernel to be modular, but I can't decide between a...

latest post: in3D wrote: OK. Thanks for the help!

Higher VGA resolutions

first post: AlienNinja wrote: So, i have this code: screen = new VGAScreen(); scr...

latest post: EdwardNutting wrote: That's what they did... The issue here is that whoever wrote the V...

How to make a program to do IO operation in files

first post: roitheninja wrote: is there any option to make program to see files, directories and d...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: Well for reading files/directories etc...you would need a file syst...

How to write plug for Thread Class

first post: roitheninja wrote: Hello friends, i am new to cosmos but not to dot net. i tried to u...

latest post: roitheninja wrote: hmm... sad. thanks for your response...

Using Additional Libraries in Kernel

first post: LCRWatson wrote: Hi guys, I've been doing some playing with cosmos the past month ...

latest post: LCRWatson wrote: Hi thanks for the tip though I discovered it was just a case of str...

Er, QEMU Please?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Does anybody know how to run Cosmos from Visual Studio in QEMU, VM...

latest post: kudzu wrote: issues = retarded bugs many of which were Windows specific and one ...

Keyboard Initialization

first post: jpal wrote: does the keyboard work with no initialization?

latest post: FuseTheCoder wrote: LOL oops i mean bigger ScreenResolution(320x480x8 i made even bigge...

Debuggin problems.

first post: dark_hunter wrote: I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. No matter what options I cho...

latest post: dark_hunter wrote: Userkit. I just create new COSMOS project and try to run it. Tried ...

Networking in Cosmos

first post: forest201 wrote: Does cosmos have networking implemented already?

latest post: forest201 wrote: I guess i have to wait a little longer to load bitmaps and text fro...

Does Cosmos support touch input?

first post: gizmoabhinav wrote: Does it have a library to hook touch input just like a mouse input?

latest post: kudzu wrote: Not currently.

Irritating Error

first post: ALLDESP wrote: I am using GLNFS in my Cosmos Project, With VS 2010 Professional ...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Right-click the dll, go to properties, and click unblock.. 2013/11/...

What happened to Cosmos.IL2CPU, and Cosmos.Assembler Class in the latest release?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: No offence, but the latest release is very buggy, I tried to write ...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Yes, it is a huge problem I went to C:\Users\GNUPC\AppData\Roaming\...

Entering 64-bit Long Mode? or 64bit Protected Mode?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Is it possible to enter 64bit Long Mode in Cosmos? If yes then wil...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Right now, the only platofmr we support is 32bit protected mode. We...

VS2013 Compatibility

first post: EdwardNutting wrote: Hi all, Just a heads up that I have been working on getting Cosmo...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: I just replied to the membership aproval message.. :) 2013/11/1 Edw...

Block device Read/write

first post: rddezh9 wrote: Hi, I'm trying to read and write some data to Block Device (e.g. ...

latest post: AlienNinja wrote: I knew i was using qemu wrong... Sorry about that... The command i ...

Visual Studio 2010 not avalible anymore

first post: stevenator wrote: Visual Studio 2010 and 2008 is not not available anymore by Micros...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Thanks. I've updated the download page.

COSMOS Files in drive C

first post: dzuniman wrote: Hi, Can anyone kindly show me how to display, delete and create fi...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Yep that's true, I would never ever want to implement NTFS, M$ has ...

Memory Manager Completed

first post: forest201 wrote: Finally i'm done with Garbage Collector after many,many bugs. The...

latest post: forest201 wrote: I have successfully applied the Memory Manger to Cosmos. Be sure to...

Unable to run in Virtual Box

first post: Johan212 wrote: When i mount my iso file in Virtual Box and run it, it displays thi...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Right click "YourOSName"Boot then select ISO Image. Change the pro...

Creating a file system in my cosmos

first post: Johan212 wrote: Hi, I'm new to cosmos development and I recently learnt about it an...

latest post: Johan212 wrote: Thank You this was really helpful

Drawing a bitmap from a byte array to screen

first post: forest201 wrote: Lets say you have a byte array which contains a 320x200 256 color b...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Actually my old source for graphics is available on codeplex. Just ...

Memory Manager has awaken!

first post: forest201 wrote: just wanted to let you guys know that the memory manager i'm workin...

latest post: forest201 wrote: I built a Realloc function for Cosmos but i'm not sure if it is fa...

Undraw Mouse Cursor (Cosmos, C#)

first post: stefanwittwer wrote: Hello, I've just created a mouse cursor. When I start/debug my pr...

Cosmos Interrupts forces heap memory to increase

first post: forest201 wrote: The heap used memory increases after an interrupt. If the interrup...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Just wondering why the kernel is 30 MB?

Can't boot from USB

first post: Ostrich wrote: Hello, I have just created a basic 'Operating System' (not that i...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: If you have access to a *nix environment, you could use the `dd` c...

Cosmos Console Background Color

first post: ALLDESP wrote: I really don't know what the hell is the problem but when I write t...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Btw here's an article on osdev about drawing in protected mode, I a...

Great Error!

first post: ALLDESP wrote: I am using the latest release of Cosmos and this is what I get when...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Ok so here I explain : First goto your C:\Program Files\MSBuild <Or...

Plug error

first post: sanjeevspr wrote: When i add window form in cosmos project its give me plugs error ,...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Using Windows Forms require Windows API's which is impossible to us...

Text flashing on Hardware Boot

first post: iDodo wrote: I've got another question. I have noticed that every time, when I ...

latest post: iDodo wrote: I don't think that I've done this as I haven't done anything with c...

How do i return EDX:EAX as 64 bit value from a plug method?

first post: forest201 wrote: Hey i'm trying to Read two 32 bit values one from EDX and one from...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Pfft. Not sure about plugs. Its a matter of pushing the value up t...

VGA an boot

first post: iDodo wrote: Hello. I have a problem with the VGAScreen, when I boot my OS from ...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: Well, a plug won't really be able to modify base Cosmos code, will...

Does anyone have a fully functioning FAT filesystem driver?

first post: forest201 wrote: i don't really like the FAT filesystem but i need support for it. I...

Does Cosmos Console use the heap?

first post: forest201 wrote: I was wondering if Cosmos Console uses the heap. I was running two ...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Oh that's why. I'll have to use Memory 0xB8000 to write directly to...

Cosmos Kit-Creating the OS Installer

first post: NCABlackstar wrote: This is something which I could find nowhere. Making ans OS is perf...

latest post: kudzu wrote: There isn't any support for such yet and we are quite some ways fro...

What's wrong with IRQ 0?

first post: forest201 wrote: I enable IRQ0 in Cosmos but when i do the keyboard doesn't work. I ...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Oh okay . I'll either have to try different intervals or not use I...

How to make a calculator?

first post: RackAnd wrote: Hi. I have tried for a while to make a calculator, but I can't se...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Look into RPN On 8/26/2013 1:40 PM, RackAnd wrote:

How to save settings?

first post: RackAnd wrote: Hey. I am using strings (public static strings) so store some inf...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: At the current time, your best best would be to use GLNFS or roll ...

How Can I Use Turkish Characters On Cosmos OS?

first post: CosmosMaker wrote: Please Help Me! Hello I Am A Turkish. How Can I Use Turkish Chara...

latest post: Osprogramer wrote: Help i have an error here it is: System.Exception: plug needed, Sy...

Currently developing a Memory Manager , Need help fast.

first post: forest201 wrote: Hey guys i'm writing a memory manager. I need to know if variable ...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Can't find it

Can I Use FileSystem On MileStone 4 And Visual Studio 2008?

first post: CosmosMaker wrote: Hello! I Have Got MileStone 4 And Visual Studio 2008. I Want Usin...

latest post: Flatlined785 wrote: Hi I have windows 95 and I want to run those new windows metro / wi...

How do I use SQLite?

first post: RackAnd wrote: Yeah as the title says; How do I use SQLite in my OS?

latest post: RackAnd wrote: Okey, I understand. Thanks for the answers.

Cosmos on Raspberry Pi?

first post: TechieElf wrote: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone would like to work on ARM sup...

latest post: melikesPCcheese wrote: You would need to change/modify IL2CPU to output ARM assembler code...

Access Parallel Port

first post: TheNeosrb wrote: Is there any way that I can access parallel port from cosmos?

latest post: kudzu wrote: Only the other code to look at currently.

Can someone help me with this code?

first post: Unknown0097 wrote: Hi guys i've tried to compile this program but it doesn't work with...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Grunt: we already talked about this, but the whole point of cosmos...

How does COSMOS actually work?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: I want to know how you guys made COSMOS. After the program is compi...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: 1: il2cpu compiles .net assemblies (il code) to native code (cu...

Some questions

first post: RackAnd wrote: Hey. Is there support for network/internet in Cosmos? If not, is ...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: At this moment we focus on getting things working again: we're i...

Which of BlockDevices has the cosmos os?

first post: Why_Rinaldo_used wrote: Which of BlockDevices has the cosmos os?

Start up and Shut down in COSMOS using C#

first post: Prasad007 wrote: Hello All, Can any one tell code to start up and shut down in COS...

latest post: GruntXProductions wrote: Your going to have to write some code to read from the RSDT and the...

Reading and Writing Simple text Files using GLNFS or any other DLLS

first post: ALLDESP wrote: My question is how can I read and Write files using Cosmos, Here I ...

System.Sleep() without dewitcher(because it doesn't work correctly) - My method =)

first post: Why_Rinaldo_used wrote: I tried to use dewitcher, but when i choose dewitcher.sleepMiliseco...

Cosmos Background TextScreen

first post: hydarnes wrote: Hi everyone. I'm using Cosmos UserKit92560 and Visual Studio 2010. ...

latest post: hydarnes wrote: Yes you did, But how? I don't understand how to set the blink attri...

Some questions and problems

first post: Why_Rinaldo_used wrote: Q1) How to use SVGA or VGA in better Quality? Without VMware. Maybe...

Latest Release 101070

first post: AtomOS wrote: The latest release 101070 is working fine, I tested it on more than...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: ok I try my best with it...

From where does the COSMOS-Build-Tool Get the Source from and Can I distribute the BuildTool with my Application?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Hello Cosmos People, Right Now I am Developing a Programming Langua...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: I mean there should be a file where the Kernel.cs is compiled Not h...

Dead Project?

first post: ISaySup wrote: Is this project dead? While I understand alot of people are worki...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: We're all very busy. Way too busy to work on cosmos. Sadly... Have...

Cosmos Sound Play

first post: hydarnes wrote: Hi. Is there any way to play a sound at least a beep in cosmos. I'v...

Cosmos Shutdown And Restar in VERSION 92560

first post: hydarnes wrote: Hi. I'm using COSMOS 92560 & Visual Studio 2010. Wherever I search ...

latest post: hydarnes wrote: Thanks a lot. But one little problem. When I test it by VMWare play...

NoobOS to VS 2008

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Sorry About Posting upcoming issues here, just one more I have hea...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: So would it work for 92560.....