Discussions under Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)

Please pick an appropriate topic for your discussion. If in doubt, pick the closest.

Cosmos don't work

first post: TheCrimulo wrote: It worked weeks ago, but when i make a new project and (editing or ...

latest post: TheCrimulo wrote: I think i have the Release 108477, but I don't know safely.

Cosmos Userkit 20150310 ldobj Isn't implemented

first post: SomeDev wrote: My Code: using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using Syst...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: ILCode: 20150130 is a new form of userkit releases. IN the past ...

VGAB.SetGraphicsMode(VGAScreen.ScreenSize320x200, VGAScreen.ColorDepth.BitDepth8); Fail

first post: TheCrimulo wrote: Hello, i'm trying to make a VGAScreen called VGAB, but when i try t...

VMWare not starting on Debug

first post: qwirklelol wrote: Hello, I have a problem with my Cosmos installation, when I press F...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Startig manually means VMware installation works ok. Do yo...

Restart / Shutdown

first post: legoman519 wrote: Hello I just started using Cosmos and I have a basic console with a...

latest post: Azamaster_123 wrote: Just took a look at the code from this ACPI function and found it w...

How to update Cosmos RTC?

first post: derekktong wrote: How do you update the RTC? Specifically, change the time to somethi...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: There's no built-in possibility for that. You could join developme...

Fixed Top/Bottom Bar in Console Mode

first post: jordanfung wrote: Hi, I would like 2 know if I can place a fixed top bar or bottom b...

Handle Mouse Click in GUI mode

first post: jordanfung wrote: Hi, I would like to know how can I handle mouse click in VGA mode? ...

latest post: legoman519 wrote: I have a working clicking method but I am not home right now so I w...

Anything new about networking?

first post: JovanIvanovic wrote: Is someone developing UDP or TCP on Cosmos?

latest post: kudzu wrote: Yes but currently we are busy on other prerequisites. On 1/5/2015 1...

ISO

first post: guido321 wrote: Is it possible to make an .iso to boot your OS to your computer/lap...

File I/O and networking is the same, right?

first post: emersont1 wrote: What are the differences, if any with Cosmos file io to windows fil...

SSH to cosmos Os?

first post: emersont1 wrote: Is it possible to connect to it using its default console over some...

SSH to cosmos Os?

first post: emersont1 wrote: Is it possible to connect to it using its default console over some...

How to write a filesystem

first post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: Hello I am using milestone 4 and I want a file system where I type ...

latest post: Official_Microtoa wrote: What is the error code that you get?

Inline assembly

first post: clearosdev wrote: Has anyone thought about making the kernel be able to call assembly...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: clearosdev: Most OS devs wont need assembly. Only small parts...

How to increase the dislay screen resolution

first post: roitheninja wrote: is there a way to increase the screen resolution. i use visual stud...

latest post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: If you type in cosmos c# high res there is a video where some dude ...

RTC Interrupt

first post: Official_Microtoa wrote: I'm having an issue with getting a callback from the RTC. What I'...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: IRQ0 should be disabled for sure. You need to be careful to make s...

Microsoft .NET Core Open Source

first post: HornerG wrote: What is the view of the team with regards to the development of Cos...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Absolutely. Or it could work in Eclipse or some other environment. ...

some questions ....

first post: mohammedf wrote: i have some questions about cosmos : 1 - i used VGAScreen.SetPix...

latest post: mohammedf wrote: i am trying to draw mouse when i draw pixels of the mouse it draw...

How to make a Calculator

first post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: I am using Milestone 4 and Visual c# 2008, I need to know how to ma...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: The code I gave is quite bugged. It's more to give you an idea on h...

ATA Error

first post: kevalking wrote: Hello I have created ISO image of my OS. By using YUMI (It's a th...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Make sure in BIOS your drives are set to legacy mode, but aside fro...

Subtract, Multiply, Divide not working, is there no plug?!

first post: patrickl27 wrote: I am trying to make a calculator as a first step to making my os, a...

latest post: Trivalik wrote: If its really to the operation please give us minimalistic code and...

Installing COSMOS OS we made on an Hard disk

first post: roitheninja wrote: can anyone tell me how can we install the OS i made in COSMOS in an...

latest post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: I did get a Linux installer which installed it on the C drive and c...

Cool commands for my Operating system

first post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: What default cosmos commands can I use for my os which would really...

Cosmos Build Error

first post: JerrodBass wrote: My error here: 1>------ Build started: Project: MiddleAge, Configu...

latest post: JerrodBass wrote: from where?

Arrow keys?

first post: brianush1 wrote: How do I use the arrow keys in Cosmos?

latest post: Ghoosteer wrote: Nevermind, have fixed it now, LOVE your code!:)

Cosmos with Lua Scripting?

first post: c0r3n30n wrote: How can i Use Lua for Cosmos ?

latest post: c0r3n30n wrote: Dosnt Work it uses some Assamblys that not work in Cosmos

Windows Research Kernel

first post: dsdude123 wrote: Would it be possible to use the Windows Research Kernel or at least...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Most likely not. First of all the licensing will be a problem, but ...

How to use COSMOS with C++

first post: Batalvi wrote: Hi, I heard that its possible to use. Cosmos with C++ how does that...

latest post: Trivalik wrote: You can try this project http://www.file-upload.net/download-979951...

Warnings of no reason

first post: Ghoosteer wrote: Warning 4 There was a mismatch between the processor architecture o...

latest post: Ghoosteer wrote: **mterwoord wrote:** > This error usually warns you for mismatching...

answered by: mterwoord wrote: This error usually warns you for mismatching assembly platforms. Ha...

cosmos.sys not available

first post: abhayin wrote: there is problem in cosmos that it doesn't find any Cosmos.Sys libr...

Need some help

first post: Batalvi wrote: Hello I am having an issue with cosmos that I can't seen to fix. Co...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: He is referring to the tutorial that I wrote which can be found her...

How do I use Windows' Filesystem? (NTFS.sys)

first post: brianush1 wrote: I wanna use Windows' filesystem and I have no idea how and where to...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Look at the Cosmos ATA driver.

Things that will make COSMOS the BEST!!

first post: Batalvi wrote: If these features are added to cosmos, it will highly increase it h...

latest post: Batalvi wrote: Ok, well these are just some suggestions for the future :)

Remote Debugging

first post: kevalking wrote: Hello .. Where is the option "Enable Remote Debugging" in VS 2010...

latest post: Trivalik wrote: This is in VS 2013, maybe it helps ![Image](http://s14.directuploa...

Cosmos Won't boot on virtual machine

first post: Batalvi wrote: I just tried out cosmos for the very first time, after clicking sta...

latest post: Batalvi wrote: I did that, no avail. What if i code the as a console application, ...

answered by: mterwoord wrote: Right-click ZOSBoot.cosmos inside VS solution explorer and click p...

Get contents of a floppy disk

first post: brianush1 wrote: How do I get the contents of a floppy disk in COSMOS?

latest post: forest201 wrote: @brianush1... its a filesystem for CD-R/W discs hence CDFS -> http...

Drawing circles?

first post: brianush1 wrote: How do I draw circles on VGAScreen?

latest post: kudzu wrote: Pi, sine, and cosine.

How to do a echo function on command line?

first post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: I want to make a echo function that works like cmd, For example you...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: Look at the file echo.cs on JacOS.codeplex.con. I used to have it l...

Using internet in COSMOS?

first post: brianush1 wrote: I wanna make an operating system that can connect to the internet i...

latest post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: Which milestone are you using as there are more drivers in later ve...

Cosmos Devkit Install Error

first post: CosmosMaker wrote: I can't install devkit. I'm getting this error: file or directory ...

latest post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: How's it even possible to get that many warnings!!!! Maybe you nee...

USB Uhci Hid support (USB Mouse)

first post: forest201 wrote: Does anybody know the correct way of initialising the USB mouse and...

How to do a working command line

first post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: Hi i can make a command console in cosmos where i can type in comma...

latest post: AndrewFarnworth2 wrote: Anyway the code you posted worked so thanks for the help! ( :

Hello i need some help with ram and x#

first post: FuseTheCoder wrote: Hello i need some help with ram mainly how to set a value in it and...

latest post: FuseTheCoder wrote: O cool this will make things a shit load easy thx.

VGAScreent.SetTextMode Change Default Font

first post: einuorg wrote: Okay, so I got the font I want to use into an byte array, but what ...

Introducing the NCA: The New COSMOS Alliance

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: After a few days of deliberating, Quantox, Stevenator, and Misirian...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: Cosmosusers.x10.bz was replaced with gruntxproductions.net/NCA whic...

Error with including DLL

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: So I have been working on a new project recently called JacoLib, wh...

latest post: VeryCrushed wrote: Changeset #108574 fixed this, we used to be able to do this except ...

Current state and moving forward

first post: mterwoord wrote: When seeing the amount of discussions on codeplex and yahoo, there'...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Matthijs did significant amounts of work on this though in July. On...

Core Multithread Async Await

first post: HornerG wrote: I'm new to this project and love the idea of an operating system th...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: You must have been looking at the wrong sources.... See fo...

gtk#?

first post: emersont1 wrote: Can you use gtk# with this, if so how?

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: To the best of my knowledge you cannot. If you are interested in ma...

Problem using Visual Studio Ultimate 2013

first post: yhtomit wrote: I installed both the latest versions of the VIX API and VMWare Play...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: After installing devkit using install.bat, and opening Cosmos.sln,...

COSMOS Tutorial Video

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: Hey guys I just uploaded a video tutorial to YouTube that I think w...

latest post: Batalvi wrote: ok ok, no nca. But why can't you use a mic it's really annoying to...

Int0x10, a better programming forum for OS devs alike

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: As one observes the COSMOS community they begin to realize that mos...

latest post: Batalvi wrote: I know it has been lagging a little lately but if you give like 30s...

Build error!

first post: mart225 wrote: Hi everyone I am new in this community, and as noob I have some pro...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: When something is not "plugged" it cannot be used in COSMOS. Pe...

A Simple COSMOS Tutorial

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: So over the past three days I have been working on a tutorial to CO...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: A couple of things. You do not need permission to use ANY of the co...

Sending value of a string

first post: Alema416 wrote: Hello, How can I send the value of a string from Kernel.cs to an...

latest post: Trivalik wrote: I guess you are new to the world of programming. Short answer: you ...

File\Directory Exists

first post: Alema416 wrote: Hello, Can I check if a file\directory exists in Cosmos?

latest post: Trivalik wrote: It is possible with some registry tricks to install SDK and then to...

Installing Programs

first post: parabolah wrote: So far, as I've seen. I've found no way to install programs from th...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: It's not and will never be. Applications require the Windows runtim...

Cosmos Debug Error

first post: Alema416 wrote: I created a new COSMOS OS in Visual Studio 2013. I debugged it with...

latest post: Alema416 wrote: I removed System.Threading.Thread.Sleep and I replaced .Equals wi...

Cosmos Error: Built Canceled

first post: Alema416 wrote: Hello, I installed Visual Studio Express 2013 and Cosmos User Kit...

latest post: Alema416 wrote: It is working! Thank you very much for the quick response.

Sockets

first post: mrinc wrote: Hey guys. Just wanted to know. How are TCP/UDP Sockets looking ...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: We have TCP/UDP planned, but due to limited resources, other tasks...

Projects that use COSMOS

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: Could you add JacOS (JacOS.codeplex.com) to the list of projects th...

Blackscreen on Pheonix BIOS PCs (Solved)

first post: forest201 wrote: After debugging Cosmos on Real hardware i found that the black scre...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: We are working on changing how Cosmos loads its stuff. You should ...

HMI does not 'work' with VGAScreens, Heap issues.

first post: SethiXzon wrote: I am using the Heap Memory Interface implemented into COSMOS last y...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: forest: ask on mailinglist. Memory manager is a bit furt...

Build Cancelled when Debugging

first post: jordanfung wrote: Hi everyone, I have installed the newest version of cosmos, and i...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Have you tried to first force a rebuild of the csproj? ...

Filesystem

first post: Csharper101 wrote: Help With Filesystem

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: Well you get right down to the point :). I am personally on this j...

What happend to the Open COSMOS Aliance?

first post: CBOS wrote: I looked them up last year because I was thinking about joining the...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: The OCA has been revived! It is now called the NCA (New COSMOS Alli...

Can't boot Cosmos on real hardware

first post: nilsw wrote: Hello, I downloaded the lastest stable Cosmo release and tryied t...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: When I was using the second to newest version of COSMOS I simply b...

Annoying error with Cosmos.targets file

first post: codedfox wrote: Every time I compile (or rather try to) a cosmos c# project in VS 2...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: What's the exact error message? 2014-07-08 23:19 GMT-0...

Networking

first post: KevinCDeGraySr wrote: Does anyone have an example of the networking capabilities? Just ...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: VFS is a next step. We shouldn't work on things we aren't ready fo...

can not create project

first post: vNext2012 wrote: after click ok in create project could not find file D:\Program F...

latest post: Trivalik wrote: Can you try this cosmos setup, its the last checkin with a setup ch...

A Cosmos Comunity Page

first post: stevenator wrote: I feel there should be a page where users who develop with Cosmos c...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: When does the poll close? -Jacob Misirian (JacOS.codeplex.com)...

Can the Cosmos run programs *. Exe written for Windows?

first post: Driaan wrote: Can the Cosmos run programs *. Exe written for Windows?

latest post: forest201 wrote: Not yet :) Its a physical memory allocator and GC but after im don...

Cosmos Blackscreen for Dell + Phoenix Bios

first post: forest201 wrote: After the booting from 2 Dell pcs with the Phoenix bios, There is n...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: Try burning the ISO to a DVD. And boot from that. I'm sorry that s...

Update on USB support

first post: forest201 wrote: Finally i got USB 2.0 EHCI to work. Now it halts,reset the host co...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Im working on UHCI and OHCI too. Its going good. a little sneak pe...

Library Referance does not work

first post: VeryCrushed wrote: I started a thread about this all the way back in February, apparen...

latest post: Trivalik wrote: I am so sorry. I checked it and made a fix. Please try: http://www....

Infuriating error with GLNFS

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: So I downloaded the dll and pdb for GLNFS, I put both files in my ....

latest post: Trivalik wrote: I guess the whatever is the problem. be sure what you use. My Disas...

How to have an installation within your COSMOS system.

first post: RhysRahPC wrote: Hiya there! I have been developing my own COSMOS system for the pas...

latest post: RhysRahPC wrote: Ok, will try soon. Thanks!!!

Strings used "literally" in code

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: I'm looking for a way to make strings (user input) actually influen...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: I don't believe that can be done in C# without Reflection, which ...

How to Implement

first post: NaxAlpha wrote: Hi, I have some basic knowledge of low level assembly I have to d...

latest post: NaxAlpha wrote: Great Friend!

Having a problem with login and commands

first post: rojuslap wrote: I am having problems with the login and the commands, this is the c...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Goto is considered bad because of it's history not because somethin...

USB CRC5 Algorithm

first post: forest201 wrote: If anyone has a USB CRC5 algorithm could u please share the code. I...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Im saying PS/2 is unfriendly because not all usb mouse supports it ...

Project members

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: So I am looking for people to help me with my OS project (JacOS) an...

How to save settings?

first post: RackAnd wrote: Hey. I am using strings (public static strings) so store some inf...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: I maybe doing a shameless plug here but: https://github.com/Benderx...

System.IO

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: I was trying to use the methods system.io.file.create(file) and sys...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Help would be appreciated. The good news is that for System.IO and ...

File input and output (simple) at least with whatever rudimentary system is in place

first post: devinlynch99 wrote: I am generally a high-level programmer and am experienced with C#, ...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Well the short answer is just use System.IO. BUT its not plugged y...

How would I go about this?

first post: XJCLDuck wrote: Rambling on and on, do not read unless you are bored and want to S...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Right now (temporarily, until we progress) Cosmos links everything ...

Console.SetCursorPosition() not implemented

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: So I am trying to use Console.SetCursorPosition() to write to a cer...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: How would I "plug" this/use the C or ASM provided?

how to use opentk in cosmos

first post: vNext2012 wrote: reference from https://gist.github.com/sbarski/8518136 i try the ...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: You've got no idea of what you're doing. This is going to sound o...

Were is the output directory for the iso?

first post: JerrodBass wrote: Were is the output directory for the iso? I have been searching for...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: A good way of finding these things out is to go to your project dir...

Proud to release JacOSv1

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: Thank you guys so much for being instrumental in the development of...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: Cool! Would you like to join the JacOS project since you obviously...

How can I display date and change it on COSMOS?

first post: Glaciersoft wrote: I would like to know how I may be able to program two commands on m...

Mouse Support?

first post: 1019brick wrote: Hello! Now I am completely aware that Cosmos supports mouse funct...

latest post: Glaciersoft wrote: There are quite a few COSMOS Operating Systems with mouse drivers, ...

Cool way of accepting arguments

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: So I wanted to add argument capability to my TUI and wanted to an i...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: Where can I find the plugs in general?

Not actually switching to release mode

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: So I just installed Windows 7 (full install from vista) and downloa...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: What probably needs to be done is we should just try and write doc...

VMware shows black screen

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: So I FINALLY got VMware installed (version 4 I believe) and I set m...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: Here's the infuriating part (by the way I fixed the VMware error),...

Exception Occured While Running Kernel, Exception: ATA Error

first post: MisirianSoft wrote: This is the error I get when I boot up my COSMOS os in VirtualBox. ...

latest post: MisirianSoft wrote: Well I am an idiot. It was a problem with my code after all. On t...

Creating a File Structure

first post: Chubs wrote: Hey everyone. I don't even know where to start. I'm looking around....

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: What is meant by a file structure here? The standard POSIX file str...

Switch To Real Mode Temporarily

first post: forest201 wrote: Im having a bit of a problem with " use16 ". The project doesn't c...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Using the bootloader, we ask for a LFB if i recall correctly. ...

Black screen on hardware boot

first post: entipck wrote: I have a strange problem: When I boot my OS from a CD on my compute...

latest post: AmonRa wrote: i'm using Turkish regional settings and i found a solution for me;...