Discussions under Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)

Please pick an appropriate topic for your discussion. If in doubt, pick the closest.

FileStream Help!

first post: dallinac wrote: I think this is from a FileStream (well a StreamWriter), but I can'...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Not yet. On 4/16/2014 11:54 AM, ALLDESP wrote:

ACPI error

first post: dallinac wrote: I need help with using ACPI, when I use ACPI visual studio always c...

Template on Visual Studio 2013 Pro isn't there

first post: dallinac wrote: I installed cosmos following all the instructions and started to st...

latest post: dallinac wrote: I figured it out! Either the COSMOS template folder needs to be cop...

answered by: dallinac wrote: I figured it out! Either the COSMOS template folder needs to be cop...

'COSMOS' Not Available in VS2013 NewProject Window!

first post: mmkhmmkh wrote: I Recently installed COSMOS new Release (I Was Using VS2010 For Cos...

Full Multicore Support is almost here

first post: forest201 wrote: After days of Reading Intel Docs and trial and error , i finally ha...

latest post: forest201 wrote: :) no need i solved it already Now its time to switch back to Real...

vs2012

first post: arukshk14 wrote: which cosmos release should i use with visual studio 2012

Cosmos doesn't compile my OS

first post: magyarmester wrote: So, I'm using VS2013 Ultimate. I run it as administrator. I have VM...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: We use some cygwin utilities, and those sometimes have troubles wi...

answered by: mterwoord wrote: Could you place your kernel in a folder which doesn't have special...

Error while initializing Cosmos paths

first post: Stormize wrote: Hey, I've installed Cosmos as I wanted to get into OS development ...

latest post: Stormize wrote: Yes, I've tried deleting User Kit files before installing DevKit. C...

How to run cosmos project from hard disk

first post: roitheninja wrote: i have a pentium4 processor with 40gb hard disk, and a cosmos proje...

latest post: roitheninja wrote: thanks for the info. even i don't know how to program native codes ...

Native code encountered, plug required.

first post: HacKeRr wrote: Hi, When i use FileSystem.GetRoot() - I have error "Native code ...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Hmm, that means FAT uses trim which is not plugged yet. That's wei...

Error with GLNFS

first post: HacKeRr wrote: Hi, i have error with GLNFS. When i referenced GLNFS.dll to my pr...

latest post: HacKeRr wrote: I've read that GLNFS supported only cosmos 92560. Is that so?

How to uninstall devkit?

first post: andreidim wrote: Hello everyone, I installed today the devkit thinking that it was s...

latest post: andreidim wrote: The problem is that the devkit is working but I want to get rid of it.

File system in Cosmos

first post: HacKeRr wrote: Hi, How i can create any file or Get current directory in Cosmos? P...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: FAT is for harddisk reading/writing.. 2014-03-11 11:31...

I got a problem with the booting on a machine other than virtual and other than VMWare

first post: proton43 wrote: Hey guys, I got a problem: I can't run the code after compilation ...

latest post: proton43 wrote: I found my answer. Edward Nutting wrote it on another thread: 1) I...

Quick Questions!

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Hi, I have certain questions about the Kernel binary. Is the Cosmo...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: Yep, i replied back...listening back from you :)

Error Message

first post: cdantetho wrote: Is there a way for me to remove the built in error message? I have ...

latest post: EdwardNutting wrote: I programmed that error message. 1) No it can't be turned off unti...

answered by: EdwardNutting wrote: I programmed that error message. 1) No it can't be turned off unti...

Question

first post: JerrodBass wrote: Can you make it into like an architeture like ARM, i386, or AMD64?

latest post: kudzu wrote: At some point we will go x64 and dump 32 bit because we have limite...

You might wanna post another link

first post: JerrodBass wrote: The link http://www.thedevforum.com/forum-28.html isnt working. My ...

latest post: Aurora01 wrote: TheDevForum is no longer available, however if you were looking for...

This might be a common error

first post: JerrodBass wrote: I caught an error that happens on all of my computers. Here is the ...

latest post: JerrodBass wrote: Oh no wounder

Some questions i have

first post: JerrodBass wrote: Is it possible to make a partition manager? Command Line or User ...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: All of these things are possible if you have the know-how. --...

Which filesystem should i start on?

first post: JerrodBass wrote: I'm not for sure which filesystem to use? Ext2 Or FAT32.

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: FAT is much, much simpler than Ext2, as well as having support ba...

weOS needs your help

first post: JerrodBass wrote: We need more Developers, and Designers. But i must warn you weOS cu...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: I would assume that most people here are used to Cosmos...

answered by: roitheninja wrote: Hi Jerrod! i would be happy to help you, just give me 2 things: 1...

Two little questions

first post: Lupo511 wrote: Hi, I have two questions and opening a two topics didn't seem a goo...

latest post: Lupo511 wrote: Ok. Thanks a lot for your answers! EDIT: Seems like I can't find C...

answered by: VeryCrushed wrote: **AtomOS wrote:** > 1) Yes it is possible just implement that metho...

What happend to the Open COSMOS Aliance?

first post: CBOS wrote: I looked them up last year because I was thinking about joining the...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: CodePlex had email proxy issues. Once gain..

Referenced DLL Cannot Be Found

first post: VeryCrushed wrote: So when i create a cosmos project and reference a C# library projec...

latest post: VeryCrushed wrote: Thank you, this will be very helpful for sorting out my code. Cant ...

Referencing

first post: TheQult wrote: I didn't understood what appen when i reference an assembly into my...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: Well the compiler build that assembly only when you reference it in...

OS Builds But Does Not Debug

first post: VeryCrushed wrote: So i have installed VS 2013 Ultimate, VMWare Workstation And Player...

latest post: EdwardNutting wrote: Great! Well if you can work out why that'd be good. For now though ...

Cosmos Networking

first post: stevenator wrote: I'm trying to work on a project were users could communicate with e...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: If you're interested, You could join development of cosmos, please...

How to increase the dislay screen resolution

first post: roitheninja wrote: is there a way to increase the screen resolution. i use visual stud...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: If you want 1366x768 resolution write native drivers. Or drop back ...

Aurora's binary loader

first post: in3D wrote: I want to write my OS under just one license (BSD), but I also want...

latest post: in3D wrote: My project is in concept stage. Nothing can mess it up yet. I can't...

Method not found: ...

first post: kocandrlev wrote: I'm working on my os, but i have this error: Error 6 Method not fo...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: What version of cosmos are you using? Also, have you been replac...

About Use Another Language And Use Mouse And Operating system installation CD compiled

first post: xztzrjcxxzz wrote: Using COSMOS development of the operating system is very simple, bu...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Assembly is very powerful. I think this should be possible. Imple...

WriteBlock - 10 blocks

first post: LuxorCZ wrote: Hello! I am new to this forum and COSMOS in general, so I may have...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: Send it to me via email, aman.eureka@gmail.com

How to implement GUI in COSMOS

first post: roitheninja wrote: i need to write a program like notepad in cosmos can any one tell m...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Notepad? Do we even have proper disk and FS Drivers? Your best bet ...

How to read file and folders in disk using COSMOS

first post: roitheninja wrote: can any one tell me how to read files in the disk

Whenever I compile my code, I get this error

first post: tjwehler wrote: Whenever I compile, I get this error Error 6 Native code encoun...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: That error shows that you're using Thread.Sleep which is not yet i...

Drawing Pixel Error

first post: NaxAlpha wrote: Hi I am Using this Code to draw a pixel Public Class Kernel ...

Help !! Error 2

first post: Adhiraj wrote: Help !! Error 2 Error while initializing Cosmos paths | The type i...

latest post: Adhiraj wrote: I installed in the default folder set by the cosmos in the C Drive....

I get an error when using startswith("SomeStringHere");

first post: kyle7273 wrote: I am trying to detect a command using this code: if (input.StartsWi...

HowTo use Linq?

first post: offler wrote: If i try to include Linq project does not work. Is Linq not possibl...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Chad, not really. In IL, they're done the same as virtual meth...

Deciding on a kernel type

first post: in3D wrote: I know I want my kernel to be modular, but I can't decide between a...

latest post: in3D wrote: OK. Thanks for the help!

Higher VGA resolutions

first post: AlienNinja wrote: So, i have this code: screen = new VGAScreen(); scr...

latest post: EdwardNutting wrote: That's what they did... The issue here is that whoever wrote the V...

How to make a program to do IO operation in files

first post: roitheninja wrote: is there any option to make program to see files, directories and d...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: Well for reading files/directories etc...you would need a file syst...

How to write plug for Thread Class

first post: roitheninja wrote: Hello friends, i am new to cosmos but not to dot net. i tried to u...

latest post: roitheninja wrote: hmm... sad. thanks for your response...

Using Additional Libraries in Kernel

first post: LCRWatson wrote: Hi guys, I've been doing some playing with cosmos the past month ...

latest post: LCRWatson wrote: Hi thanks for the tip though I discovered it was just a case of str...

Er, QEMU Please?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Does anybody know how to run Cosmos from Visual Studio in QEMU, VM...

latest post: kudzu wrote: issues = retarded bugs many of which were Windows specific and one ...

Keyboard Initialization

first post: jpal wrote: does the keyboard work with no initialization?

latest post: FuseTheCoder wrote: LOL oops i mean bigger ScreenResolution(320x480x8 i made even bigge...

Debuggin problems.

first post: dark_hunter wrote: I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. No matter what options I cho...

latest post: dark_hunter wrote: Userkit. I just create new COSMOS project and try to run it. Tried ...

Networking in Cosmos

first post: forest201 wrote: Does cosmos have networking implemented already?

latest post: forest201 wrote: I guess i have to wait a little longer to load bitmaps and text fro...

Does Cosmos support touch input?

first post: gizmoabhinav wrote: Does it have a library to hook touch input just like a mouse input?

latest post: kudzu wrote: Not currently.

Irritating Error

first post: ALLDESP wrote: I am using GLNFS in my Cosmos Project, With VS 2010 Professional ...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Right-click the dll, go to properties, and click unblock.. 2013/11/...

What happened to Cosmos.IL2CPU, and Cosmos.Assembler Class in the latest release?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: No offence, but the latest release is very buggy, I tried to write ...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Yes, it is a huge problem I went to C:\Users\GNUPC\AppData\Roaming\...

Entering 64-bit Long Mode? or 64bit Protected Mode?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Is it possible to enter 64bit Long Mode in Cosmos? If yes then wil...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Right now, the only platofmr we support is 32bit protected mode. We...

VS2013 Compatibility

first post: EdwardNutting wrote: Hi all, Just a heads up that I have been working on getting Cosmo...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: I just replied to the membership aproval message.. :) 2013/11/1 Edw...

Block device Read/write

first post: rddezh9 wrote: Hi, I'm trying to read and write some data to Block Device (e.g. ...

latest post: AlienNinja wrote: I knew i was using qemu wrong... Sorry about that... The command i ...

Visual Studio 2010 not avalible anymore

first post: stevenator wrote: Visual Studio 2010 and 2008 is not not available anymore by Micros...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Thanks. I've updated the download page.

COSMOS Files in drive C

first post: dzuniman wrote: Hi, Can anyone kindly show me how to display, delete and create fi...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Yep that's true, I would never ever want to implement NTFS, M$ has ...

Memory Manager Completed

first post: forest201 wrote: Finally i'm done with Garbage Collector after many,many bugs. The...

latest post: forest201 wrote: I have successfully applied the Memory Manger to Cosmos. Be sure to...

Unable to run in Virtual Box

first post: Johan212 wrote: When i mount my iso file in Virtual Box and run it, it displays thi...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Right click "YourOSName"Boot then select ISO Image. Change the pro...

Creating a file system in my cosmos

first post: Johan212 wrote: Hi, I'm new to cosmos development and I recently learnt about it an...

latest post: Johan212 wrote: Thank You this was really helpful

Drawing a bitmap from a byte array to screen

first post: forest201 wrote: Lets say you have a byte array which contains a 320x200 256 color b...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Actually my old source for graphics is available on codeplex. Just ...

Memory Manager has awaken!

first post: forest201 wrote: just wanted to let you guys know that the memory manager i'm workin...

latest post: forest201 wrote: I built a Realloc function for Cosmos but i'm not sure if it is fa...

Undraw Mouse Cursor (Cosmos, C#)

first post: stefanwittwer wrote: Hello, I've just created a mouse cursor. When I start/debug my pr...

Cosmos Interrupts forces heap memory to increase

first post: forest201 wrote: The heap used memory increases after an interrupt. If the interrup...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Just wondering why the kernel is 30 MB?

Can't boot from USB

first post: Ostrich wrote: Hello, I have just created a basic 'Operating System' (not that i...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: If you have access to a *nix environment, you could use the `dd` c...

Cosmos Console Background Color

first post: ALLDESP wrote: I really don't know what the hell is the problem but when I write t...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Btw here's an article on osdev about drawing in protected mode, I a...

Great Error!

first post: ALLDESP wrote: I am using the latest release of Cosmos and this is what I get when...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Ok so here I explain : First goto your C:\Program Files\MSBuild <Or...

Plug error

first post: sanjeevspr wrote: When i add window form in cosmos project its give me plugs error ,...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: Using Windows Forms require Windows API's which is impossible to us...

Text flashing on Hardware Boot

first post: iDodo wrote: I've got another question. I have noticed that every time, when I ...

latest post: iDodo wrote: I don't think that I've done this as I haven't done anything with c...

How do i return EDX:EAX as 64 bit value from a plug method?

first post: forest201 wrote: Hey i'm trying to Read two 32 bit values one from EDX and one from...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Pfft. Not sure about plugs. Its a matter of pushing the value up t...

VGA an boot

first post: iDodo wrote: Hello. I have a problem with the VGAScreen, when I boot my OS from ...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: Well, a plug won't really be able to modify base Cosmos code, will...

Does anyone have a fully functioning FAT filesystem driver?

first post: forest201 wrote: i don't really like the FAT filesystem but i need support for it. I...

Does Cosmos Console use the heap?

first post: forest201 wrote: I was wondering if Cosmos Console uses the heap. I was running two ...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Oh that's why. I'll have to use Memory 0xB8000 to write directly to...

Cosmos Kit-Creating the OS Installer

first post: NCABlackstar wrote: This is something which I could find nowhere. Making ans OS is perf...

latest post: kudzu wrote: There isn't any support for such yet and we are quite some ways fro...

What's wrong with IRQ 0?

first post: forest201 wrote: I enable IRQ0 in Cosmos but when i do the keyboard doesn't work. I ...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Oh okay . I'll either have to try different intervals or not use I...

How to make a calculator?

first post: RackAnd wrote: Hi. I have tried for a while to make a calculator, but I can't se...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Look into RPN On 8/26/2013 1:40 PM, RackAnd wrote:

How to save settings?

first post: RackAnd wrote: Hey. I am using strings (public static strings) so store some inf...

latest post: joshbeitler wrote: At the current time, your best best would be to use GLNFS or roll ...

How Can I Use Turkish Characters On Cosmos OS?

first post: CosmosMaker wrote: Please Help Me! Hello I Am A Turkish. How Can I Use Turkish Chara...

latest post: Osprogramer wrote: Help i have an error here it is: System.Exception: plug needed, Sy...

Currently developing a Memory Manager , Need help fast.

first post: forest201 wrote: Hey guys i'm writing a memory manager. I need to know if variable ...

latest post: forest201 wrote: Can't find it

Can I Use FileSystem On MileStone 4 And Visual Studio 2008?

first post: CosmosMaker wrote: Hello! I Have Got MileStone 4 And Visual Studio 2008. I Want Usin...

latest post: Flatlined785 wrote: Hi I have windows 95 and I want to run those new windows metro / wi...

How do I use SQLite?

first post: RackAnd wrote: Yeah as the title says; How do I use SQLite in my OS?

latest post: RackAnd wrote: Okey, I understand. Thanks for the answers.

Cosmos on Raspberry Pi?

first post: TechieElf wrote: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone would like to work on ARM sup...

latest post: melikesPCcheese wrote: You would need to change/modify IL2CPU to output ARM assembler code...

Access Parallel Port

first post: TheNeosrb wrote: Is there any way that I can access parallel port from cosmos?

latest post: kudzu wrote: Only the other code to look at currently.

Can someone help me with this code?

first post: Unknown0097 wrote: Hi guys i've tried to compile this program but it doesn't work with...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: Grunt: we already talked about this, but the whole point of cosmos...

How does COSMOS actually work?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: I want to know how you guys made COSMOS. After the program is compi...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: 1: il2cpu compiles .net assemblies (il code) to native code (cu...

Some questions

first post: RackAnd wrote: Hey. Is there support for network/internet in Cosmos? If not, is ...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: At this moment we focus on getting things working again: we're i...

Which of BlockDevices has the cosmos os?

first post: Why_Rinaldo_used wrote: Which of BlockDevices has the cosmos os?

Start up and Shut down in COSMOS using C#

first post: Prasad007 wrote: Hello All, Can any one tell code to start up and shut down in COS...

latest post: GruntXProductions wrote: Your going to have to write some code to read from the RSDT and the...

Reading and Writing Simple text Files using GLNFS or any other DLLS

first post: ALLDESP wrote: My question is how can I read and Write files using Cosmos, Here I ...

System.Sleep() without dewitcher(because it doesn't work correctly) - My method =)

first post: Why_Rinaldo_used wrote: I tried to use dewitcher, but when i choose dewitcher.sleepMiliseco...

Cosmos Background TextScreen

first post: hydarnes wrote: Hi everyone. I'm using Cosmos UserKit92560 and Visual Studio 2010. ...

latest post: hydarnes wrote: Yes you did, But how? I don't understand how to set the blink attri...

Some questions and problems

first post: Why_Rinaldo_used wrote: Q1) How to use SVGA or VGA in better Quality? Without VMware. Maybe...

Latest Release 101070

first post: AtomOS wrote: The latest release 101070 is working fine, I tested it on more than...

latest post: AtomOS wrote: ok I try my best with it...

From where does the COSMOS-Build-Tool Get the Source from and Can I distribute the BuildTool with my Application?

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Hello Cosmos People, Right Now I am Developing a Programming Langua...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: I mean there should be a file where the Kernel.cs is compiled Not h...

Dead Project?

first post: ISaySup wrote: Is this project dead? While I understand alot of people are worki...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: We're all very busy. Way too busy to work on cosmos. Sadly... Have...

Cosmos Sound Play

first post: hydarnes wrote: Hi. Is there any way to play a sound at least a beep in cosmos. I'v...

Cosmos Shutdown And Restar in VERSION 92560

first post: hydarnes wrote: Hi. I'm using COSMOS 92560 & Visual Studio 2010. Wherever I search ...

latest post: hydarnes wrote: Thanks a lot. But one little problem. When I test it by VMWare play...

NoobOS to VS 2008

first post: ALLDESP wrote: Sorry About Posting upcoming issues here, just one more I have hea...

latest post: ALLDESP wrote: So would it work for 92560.....

COMOS BuildUI.run() error <exception thrown>

first post: ALLDESP wrote: I have installed the recommended version of COSMOS, with VS 2010, I...

latest post: mterwoord wrote: most likely it's complaining about a missing plug..

Running a COSMOS Binary on ATmega328?

first post: Nickolas wrote: Basically, is there any way to run COSMOS on an Arduino? That would...

latest post: kudzu wrote: Cosmos is designed to target multiple platforms but we dont have th...